Benefits of No-Fee Presentations and Free Public Speaking to Get Paid To Speak!
(c) 2003 Lilly Walters, Claremont, California
Have you thought about using your speaking skills to promote your message? Speaking is an income stream that earns into the millions for many. Little known is that being a free speaker at events is arguably one of the best ways to get your message into the community.
Here are tips from Lilly Walters' upcoming, 1001 Ways Speakers, Consultants and Trainers Can Boost Their Income! Rainmaking Strategies in Dry Times (McGraw-Hill)
Eight Benefits of No-Fee Presentations and Public Speaking
133. Correct Performance Problems: Use these as the perfect laboratory to become the best! Even top comedians such as Robin Williams and Joan Rivers try out new material at comedy clubs to test audience reaction.
134. Exposure and Publicity: Use free (and paid) speech for publicity. Send press releases out to the press that you are speaking to this prestigious group. Make sure to mention the name of your book!
135. Educate The Public: Contact large companies. Many realize the tremendous marketing and good will benefits available to them by sending presenters into the public to teach them about their product and industry.
136. Contact book stores and coffee-shop book stores which bring in speakers for book signing to give your talk and sell your products.
137. Arrange for a way to sell your products at the back of the room.
138. Arrange for a way to sell your services at the back of the room to obtain prospective clients. Many a business is sustained by this method, attorneys speak to business audiences about "How to Avoid Probate." or "How to Keep Your Company Out of Court Because of Wrongful Firing of Employees." A plastic surgeon, using "before and after" slides as illustrations, speaks to a sales organization about new surgical techniques to improve appearance.
139. Create Opportunities For Paid Bookings: You know you are good when someone in your "no-fee" audience comes up to you and asks you what your fee would be to speak for their event.
140. Speaking for free is a method to obtain bookings, especially if members of the association are in your target market.
NEW!!! From Lilly Walters & McGraw-Hill:
Contact Lilly Walters
909-398-1228. fax 408-228-8752
Best-Selling Books by Dottie and Lilly Walters on professional public speaking